Powder Coating Process Overview
Offering the following advantages of powder coating over conventional liquid coatings:
- Powder coating emits zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Capital equipment and operating costs for a powder line are generally less than for conventional liquid lines.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces, versus their liquid coated counterparts.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.